The Friends of the Troy Public Library are dedicated to our busy and vibrant public library. The Friends work in a variety of ways to support the TPL, encourage literacy and advocate for the importance of libraries from city hall to the halls of Congress.
- We provide funding for TPL events and programs that enrich the lives of children, teens, families, job seekers, businesses, adults and seniors.
- We raise money for equipment, new technology and library projects.
- We process approximately 200,000 items annually through our Book Shop and Friends Shop operations.
- We offer special Friends events that support community interests and increase awareness of the diversity of library offerings.
- We provide volunteer opportunities for people who want to give back to the community and support their award-winning library.
- Helping may be as easy as 3 hours a month.
The Friends welcome everyone from our diverse community to become a part of the Friends. From teens to seniors, great libraries have great Friends!