The Friends promote and support the Troy Public Library, and we have done so for over fifty years! That means we provide the funding for the programming and enhancements at the library. Every time you attend a program or presentation for youth or adults, or use materials and enhancements (like the meeting room or lobby furniture!), we’ve provided the funding to make that possible!
There is always something going on at the Troy Public Library. Check out the TPL calendar for events and programs; these are planned and executed by the talented and dedicated librarians and staff. They include the following:
- Summer reading clubs for youth, teens, and adults
- Book clubs on a range of topics
- Computer classes
- Lap-sits and craft programs in the newly remodeled Youth Services room
- Author and book signings
- High school study groups
- Special speakers on history, psychology, couponing, sports and more!
Looking to connect with others who share your interest? How about joining one of the specialized groups below?
- Book clubs
- Teen Advisory Board
- Teen Writers Group
- Community Reads
- Chess Club
- Work Study group
- Volunteer groups in our Friends Shops