Donate Materials to the Friends!
We accept your gently used materials in good condition for resale, and all proceeds are given back to the Troy Public Library for programs and other enhancements. Our Donations Area is in the Main Lobby; large donations can be accommodated during specific hours. All donations are tax deductible within the limits of the law (check with your tax advisor for specific details).
Please follow these guidelines when donating books, games, puzzles, and AV materials (DVD’s, CD-ROMs, audio books, etc.):
- We only accept items that are smoke, mold, and bug free – we cannot take anything that has been previously wet or underwater
- All items should be free of tears, dents, writing, or other damage
- We do accept rare and collectible books and materials
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept the following:
- cassette tapes
- time sensitive magazines/periodicals prior to 2016
- medical/computer books older than five years
- business books older than ten years
- textbooks older than ten years
Donate Your Time to the Friends!
We can never have too many Friends helping in our organization! For as little as a few hours a month, you can join one of the most vibrant, dedicated, and fun-loving volunteer groups in Troy. We welcome volunteers of all ages and have many opportunities helping sort donations, cashiering in our Book Shop and Friends Shop, joining our Board, or sitting on a committee.
You may sign-up to volunteer with the Friends at our Volunteer Application.
Donate Financially to the Friends!
We gratefully accept monetary donations in the form of a membership, memorial donation, and/or general donations.
You may become a member of the Friends using our Membership Application.
You may make a memorial or general donation through our online or printable Donation Form.
Additionally, you may designate the Friends of the Troy Public Library as a beneficiary in your estate. Planned giving to the Friends of the Troy Public Library leaves a legacy of programming and enrichment for the entire Troy Public Library community. If this is your desire, please check with your estate planning professional.